Monday, July 27, 2009

One Loss, One Win...



That, my friends, is a major league baseball. While attending the Detroit Tiger game last night a 5th inning foul ball found its way into my grubby little conservative paw.

I have attended many Tiger games in my 56 years and was at this one with my wife as part of a birthday present from my oldest daughter and son-in-law. I have come close to foul fly once when I was 10 or 12 attending a game at the old Tiger Stadium with my father and grandfather. This one had my name on it though. As my wife ducked in mortal fear, I reached up and there it was! A catch for the ages.

Tiger baseball has many great memories for me. I took one girl on a date that included a Tiger game doubleheader and today, July 27, 2009, that girl and me are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary.

Go get 'em Tiger!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on both! The ball and the babe. Is Shang all over YouTube with this snag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish. Maybe someday I'll get to relate the game with you over a beer...that seems the way to things these days.

    ReplyDelete